We have just undergone a project to mash-up all of the insight we have derived into mass market women (a key audience for us) from our publishing, NPD, ads and editorial research around our business, in order to distill it down into the key insights we believe to be of value to advertisers. And here, dear reader, they are:
1. They value the traditional but are open to the new
2. They are in touch with their emotions. They love a good laugh, and a good cry. But they don’t let life get them down.
3. She tells it like it is – honest and direct
4. She is most proud of…her kids, her husband, her home. Her family rules – she is the glue that holds the family together, her children are the centre of her universe. They are houseproud and invest time and cash in getting their home just right
5. Friends are very important to them. They are her support network, they are who she has fun with, they are her escape from it all.
6. They live for the moment
7. She is incredibly literal
8. Tone is critical – not worthy, not threatening, not patronising, not blaming
9. Simple and clear messages work best…messages that hold their attention
10. Tell them what the benefit is to them
Behind this of-course, is a tonne of research and data so if you’d like to know more, let me know. The pic, by the way, is of Suzanna – an amazing woman and one of our research subjects.