I’ve been tagged by Eaon on a "8 things you don’t know about me" meme, so it’s only sporting to participate. 8 seems like quite a lot so I’m going to keep this brief:
1. I used to be a Goth (I know) which meant I had a bleached blonde mohican and my ears pierced six times (don’t ask).
2. I used to be the lead singer of an ill-fated grunge band called "The Sticky End". I can’t sing so needless to say we came to one.
3. My favourite dinner party dish to cook is Basque Chicken (brown rice, peppers, black olives, oranges, paprika and …er chicken). It’s been on heavy rotation amongst my friends for about two years which means most of them have had it several times. The wife has taken to keeping a tally.
4. If I was a bigger football fan I would support Manchester United. My Dad came from Salford (and he supported them) so despite the fact that I don’t live in Manchester (like 98% of Man U supporters), I feel I have at least some connection.
5. Like Eaon, I am a disciple of Seth Godin
6. I once knew how to speak Russian and went to Moscow and Leningrad at the height of Communism and shortly after Yuri Andropov died, something I’ll never forget
7. The worst song on my ipod is "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
8. One of the best songs on my ipod is "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles – which is really just an excuse to post this: